IT Help Desk Intern
Director of Accounting & Business Processes
Works directly with:
A Helpdesk Intern is a student employee that helps the IT department provide quality technology support under the direction of an IT Specialist.
Goals Of Internship
- Assist IT Specialist with installs of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives.
- Assist IT Specialist with installing software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Monitor help desk tickets, provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Escalate issues to IT Specialist.
- Assists in research and recommendations of computer accessories and supplies.
- Hands on experience with a variety of IT areas
- Opportunity to grow skills
- Develop communication and customer service skills
- Research Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Willingness to assist where needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. IT support will also routinely be needed in our shop facilities which will require safety glasses and adherence to safety rules and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout any given day. Specific speaking, hearing and vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position will be Intern/Part time
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Pursuing a technical degree related to Information Technology: Programing, Management Information Systems, etc. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume to [email protected]